Bassist | Composer
"...handing off to Olgun over an anchoring accompaniment from Markovitz, who weaves his own tale with thumpy elegance"
- Andrea Canter, The "Simple Beauty" of Adam Larson, www.JazzPolice.com
" The rest of the rhythm team trio of Raviv Markovitz/b and Jimmy Macbride/d are as kinetic as a ping pong tournament, and deliver a nice focus with Markovitz doing some nice work on the sans horned "Song for Ben and Gidi."
- George W. Harris, "Steven Feifke: Peace in Time", www.JazzWeekly.com
" Does Markovitz have Cuban Roots? From his terse, melodic, often chordally-charged pulse, it would seem so"
- "The O'Farrill Brothers Band: Smart Kids Having Fun On Stage," www.LucidCulture.wordpress.com
" ...Markovitz is clear and strong whether underpinning the whole or articulating a solo - and it's great to hear a bassist who sings along, as he does on One for the Doctor"
- "Peter Bacon, "Bastian Weinhold-Cityscape," www.TheJazzBreakfast.com
" Bassist Raviv Markovitz and drummer Jason Burger both demonstrate extreme dynamic sensitivity on this number, as they bring things down to a pianissimo whisper before launching back into swinging form"
- Dan Bilawsky, "Adam Kromelow Trio: Youngblood," www.AllAboutJazz.com